Monday 18 September - Oslo Trams

The weather here is atrocious cool and wet with heavy rain at times. I bought a 24 hour local transport pass at the tourist office.

This allows me to travel around for 24 hours.
I first had a look at the Central Station.


The older units make quite a bit of noise

Some cars are for people who need to buy a ticket.

I then started to ride a few trams. Routes 12 and 19 seemed the most promising. I started with the 19 route and rode it out to the end at Majorstuen and then back through town but the trams were not running beyond Oslo Hospital because of track work. I then decided to sample route 12 which I rode out to Majorstuen and then back all the way to Kjelsas. This is a delightful ride. It runs close to the water then along major parks as well as climbing quite high at Kjelsas which gives good views over the city. At Majorstuen route 12 trams become route 11 and vice versa.
Route at at Central Station


route 12 at Majorstuen


Route 11 at Kjelsas
My day went well although the weather was a problem.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Railfan Tour of Switzerland - Wednesday - Zurich Hauptbahnhof Part One

Thursday 21 September - Wrap Up